Do you often feel peckish in the afternoon at the office?
Ms Angel Chua, 27, a marketing executive, makes it a point to pack some snacks to work whenever she can.
Ms Chua said: “I try not to buy takeout or eat processed food. So I prepare snacks at home and eat them in the office.
Here are recipes of three easy-to-prepare snacks.
1. Avocado toast
Chock-full of healthy fat, fibre and vitamins, avocados are tasty and keep you full.
1 avocado, sliced
2 slices of bread, toasted
1. Layer sliced avocados on the slices of toast. Squeeze lemon juice over avocado slices.
2. Season with black pepper before eating.
2. Mixed nuts with honey
This is a delicious way to get your daily dose of protein. Use other types of nuts, or add fruits if you like.
2 to 3 cups of mixed nuts (almonds,
walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts)
½ cup of raisins
2 tbsp of rosemary
2 tbsp of olive oil
1. Add olive oil, honey, salt and rosemary to nuts mixture. Ensure that they are evenly coated.
2. Spread mixture on a baking tin and roast in preheated oven at 350 deg C for 10
minutes. Let mixture cool before packing.
3. Roasted chickpeas
Roast these healthy legumes to get extra crunch.
1 cup of chickpeas
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of cinnamon
1. Roast chickpeas in oven at 200 deg C for five to 10 minutes, or until golden
2. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle on cinnamon before serving.
Recipes courtesy of Ms Angel Chua